The colder weather was approaching and we heard those dreaded words from our parents.
“We’re going coat shopping today.”
I am NOT a winter person.
I hate everything about it. The cold. The short, dark days. The snow. The heavy sweaters. The big bulky coats.
We suffered through the torture that day and I actually came home pleased.
I found a coat that I loved.
It was comfortable, warm, soft, and it was the perfect shade of yellow – pale and not overbearing.
It’s hard for me to actually fall in love with a winter coat, but this one did it for me.
I waited out the weekend and I couldn’t wait to wear it to school that Monday morning.
I was eager to show it to my friends, excited about how much I actually loved a winter item.
When I got to school that morning I slowly started hearing the snickers and evil giggles going on around me.
Everyone else hated that coat. And they made sure to let me know.
There were jokes. Laughter. Points and stares. Name calling.
Big Fat Lemon.
And more. Many more.
I remember willing each minute of that day away, just begging for the chance to go home.
And when that bell finally rang at 3:00 to dismiss us, I headed home and cried.
It was my first taste of how mean and cruel kids could really be.
It also made me realize how I never wanted to treat someone else.
I never wore that coat again.
And yellow is still not my favorite color.
So I might not have had the best experience that winter, but I was able to learn from it.
I can even laugh about it now.
And what am I able to laugh at even more? Looking back on those incredibly embarrassing pictures full of terrible haircuts and hideous clothing trends.
I’m also not the only one who can laugh about this dreadful time in our childhood.
I’ve teamed up with 22 other bloggers to present to you…
Name That Kindergartener
It’s simple – just match the picture to the blogger listed below. What’s in it for you? Other than a good laugh, you can win an $300 Amazon gift card!
Enter your answers HERE.
Participating bloggers, in alphabetical order:
Angela of Angela Amman
Angie of Angie Kinghorn
Deborah of Ask Doctor G
Robin of Farewell Stranger
Poppy of Funny or Snot
Leigh Ann of Genie in a Blog
Greta of Gfunkified
Jennifer of Jennifer P. Williams
Tonya of Letters for Lucas
Kiran of Masala Chica
Laura of Mommy Miracles
Natalie of Mommy of a Monster (and Twins)
Brittany of Mommy Words
Jessica of My Time as Mom
Kimberly of Reflections of Now
Tracy of Sellabit Mum
Elaine of The Miss Elaine-ous Life
Sarah of The Sunday Spill
Galit of These Little Waves
Kristin of Two Cannoli
Arnebya of What Now and Why
Kristin of What She Said
Alison of Writing, Wishing
Terms and conditions apply:
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- This contest is only open to residents of USA and Canada.
- This contest is open from March 11 – 15, 2013 (closes at 9pm Eastern).
- Visit the link above, where you will be able to enter your guess for each blogger pictured. (All information will be kept private.)
- The person to correctly match all the faces with their blog will win a $300 Amazon gift card. The two other closest guesses will each win one $80 Amazon gift card.
- This is not a sponsored post. Prizes are paid for out of the participating bloggers’ own pockets.
- You CAN enter more than once!
- Winners will be announced week of March 18.
- If more than one person correctly matches all the faces with their blogs, we will randomly pick a winner via random.org.
- If no one guesses all the faces correctly, the winner will be the person who made the most correct guesses.
“Name That Kindergartner” was inspired by the ”Name That DIY Blogger” contest, over at My Blessed Life.